SCHOLARSHIPS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
Searching for the right study abroad scholarship can be a challenging task for international students, but it is highly recommended when travelling abroad for overseas education.
There are various types of scholarships available for international students:
- Merit-based scholarships are awarded to students who show exceptional academic performance
- These scholarships are not limited to grades only. They also focus on the co-curricular activities of the students
- The money granted by a merit-based scholarship is exclusively meant to cover tuition fees
- University scholarships are scholarships provided by different universities/colleges to help students fund their studies
- Most of these are entrance scholarships which are offered by default to students who have applied for admission
- Country-specific scholarships are awarded to students for encouraging them to take up higher studies in the specific country.
- Many private institutions give scholarships to students from these countries.
- Different agencies offer these scholarships in association with the government.
- Foreign governments may offer global scholarships for international students to study in their country.
- These scholarships are funded by individual donors or private businesses/
- Many companies and community organisations sponsor study abroad scholarships for deserving students.
- Individual donors set up a private fund for students who need financial aid.
- These are specifically provided to selected students to help them complete their education.
- If the student is still supported by their parents, the scholarship provider will analyse the parents’ income and ability to pay for the tuition fees.
- They may also look at factors such as citizenship and residence status, tax statements, or employment.
- If the student supports, their income will be assessed.
- These scholarships are independent of merit scholarships. A student may qualify for both merit and financial scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY FOR SCHOLARSHIPS
Now that you're aware of the different types of scholarships available, the next step is to define the steps which need to be taken to apply for one which will best suit your requirements successfully.
Many formalities need to be checked before applying for a study abroad scholarship. The most important documents include:
- Registration or Application form
- An essay or a letter of motivation
- Letter of recommendation
- Letter of acceptance from an Academic institution
- Proof of low income, official financial statements
- Proof of extraordinary academic or athletic achievement
Here are the steps that need to be followed for the application process:
- The first step is to register for the scholarship online by filling out an application form which the institution will confirm via a confirmation email
- The next step is to write a personal statement or essay, where you need to be honest & focused, as your experiences and ideas will be the first impression.
- Collect and store all the official proof of your academic, athletic, or artistic achievements in one place so that there are no delays in the application process.
- It is recommended to get official proof of low income or nationality which is important for region-based scholarships.
- Once you have all the documents ready, you must submit the acceptance letter from the institution you selected to move forward with your overseas education. You won’t receive the scholarship without confirming that you will begin your studies
- The last step is to wait for acceptance patiently. Once you have been selected for the scholarship, the money is usually sent directly to the institution to cover your tuition fees
The above steps are bound to look complicated! Applying for scholarships is a challenging task and requires a lot of attention to detail. It is also beneficial to have a consultant ready in hand who will be well versed with the policies and requirements.
To make the process simpler for you, our overseas education consultants will offer their complete guidance & also assist in proofreading all the documents for errors and sending them to the specific destinations on behalf of the students.
We have partnerships with many reputed institutions that provide exclusive scholarships to students, our counsellors will provide all the necessary guidance for students to acquire the scholarship opportunities without any delays.
Factors for scholarship
Most important factors to consider when applying for a scholarship:
- Preparation: Grade 12 is one of the most critical years for scholarship applications, but a student can start early for better consideration from Grade 8. Participating in extracurricular activities, sports, and events can immensely strengthen the candidate’s profile.
- Identification- The university websites are the best source of information regarding scholarship applications. Keep in mind that not all the scholarships listed need to be considered. Read the eligibility criteria carefully before applying.
- Deadline- Keep an eye out for the scholarship deadlines before applying to avoid any delay.
- Mistakes to avoid- Be very careful not to submit any documents which are not verified or plagiarised, and stay alert not to send any wrong documents, information, or mismatched details, as these will strongly affect the chances of securing a scholarship.
Glinks further guidance
Glinks education consultants extend their services to provide additional guidance for securely safeguarding your tuition fees alongside the scholarship advantages.
Securing a scholarship can be the most promising start to a successful career overseas, but many other factors can contribute to your financial aid when studying abroad.
Here are some of the additional sources you can explore:
- Co-op work opportunities- Co-op work is about exchanging knowledge and ideas. This can be an amazing opportunity for students to work with employers worldwide and earn extra money to support their tuition. Glinks can provide students with a step-by-step understanding of the application process, study permit requirements & other official documentation, and the legal requirements needed for being a part of the co-op study program.
- On-campus job opportunities- You can explore options to work as a student ambassador, become a part of the mentor programs, help out in the IT department, become a language tutor, and many more inside the campus itself.
- Tutoring/Freelance works- You can put your domain knowledge to use by tutoring young kids or your juniors in exchange for fees online/offline. Or you can also opt for freelance content writing and other work opportunities online.
OUR ACADEMIC PARTNERS
Countries like Canada, USA etc. offer full scholarships to international students. Many formalities need to be checked before applying for a study abroad scholarship. We will guide you and review the application of your automatic entrance scholarships, Academic Scholarships, Personal achievement Awards, bursaries (based on financial need), and government assistance will be available.
Yes. Glinks will provide you with the desired assistance for a study abroad scholarship.
Occasionally, Glinks International receives a number of scholarships/awards from Institutions and external organisations. As Glinks clients you will get an opportunity to be considered for such exclusive scholarships.
You can get in touch with our team directly to know more about our support and assistance for the scholarships for international students
Get in touch with your overseas education consultant
Are you planning to study abroad? Get a free consultation from Glinks, the most trusted overseas education consultant.